Hikvision resell / parallel import legal?

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if it is legal to sell chinese hik's with modified F/W?

Thanks!

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I would guess as long as you / your company payed the import tax you can do as you please. Without it., maybe not 100 %legal. Who knows, prob a lawyer . ...

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
uk - classed as gray imports, you have to comply with the laws on importing cameras, unless you are buy lager amounts you will probably be better off buying in the uk. ( camera + import cost and no/limited warranty )

Reaction score
yes, I also thought it was not illegal...but why do all those Ali sellers remove the Hiklogos and hikvision brand name on their shops?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Prob because they want people to be semi aware of that you get no official support from hikvision.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
im sure its legal but probably not a good long term business plan. Also, if you get to any size, expect a cease and desist letter from the manufacture. They may litigate you to where its just not worth the fight anymore.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Scare of some competition?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cease and desist letters coming from china? mwhahaha.. you can safely ignore that if you ever do get one.

when they cease making knockoff products from US Companies, then they have a leg to stand on asking our courts to respect them in any way/shape/form.

you have no contract with Hik', fuck em.. and Vendors dont remove Hik's logo, they buy unbranded white-label.. there was never any logo to remove.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
more than likely though, what they will do is buy a camera from you as a secret shopper, trace down the serial # and cease selling to the company whom you purchased from. It may be a good temporary way to make some quick cash though.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was just at a business that had same Hikvision 2335 with the Hik brand written on it and below was the Chinese writting same as the ones I use. Here as long as Cul compliant for electrical no issue and obviously they are being installed. I have also seen numerous DVR all from China which is where they are made anyway. I would say as long as the customer is aware there is no support from Hikvision and you might offer support for a year or ? there is no issue. I am not a legal advisor but, I know what I see here is Canada anyway. I assume the risk would be fire from the DVR as the cameras are low voltage and should not be an issue and naturally installed to what ever codes you have.