HIKVISION Setup mainstream continuous / substream motiion detected or via I/O

AllInOne

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a new system and was reading here once in a while to get some things clearer, thanks, it worked qiute often.
However, I got struggeled with the possibilities about the setup for the mainstream/substream.

What I would like to do:
- The mainstream should record continuously on the harddrive, with higher solution when motion is detected.
As far as I understand, this shouldn't be a prob.
- The substream should only be activ, when motion is beeing detected, or an input of an sensor is activ.
- With an Androidphone I would like to be able, to get a notification, when motion is detected, via pushmail / email,
and then go to ezviz to see the records.
I was looking into ezviz, due to the lack of a public IP, but the helpsite doesn't tell anything detailed.

As far as I understand, HIKVISION NVR/DVR does not
allow a seperate setup, so that I could have an upload to ezviz only, if motion is detected/or when an Input is activ, and record the mainstream
continuously to the harddrive.

Any suggestion/ workaround etc. is appreciated.

Regards

AllInOne

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can run ezviz all the time and if you turn notifications on.... You prob soon turn it off if it's not indoors or in some otherwise calm place

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

AllInOne

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, got your point regarding notifications, the cams will be indoors and outdoors, so I agree, it might be a bothering thing with trees etc. outdoors.
I also thought of using a recorder with I/Os, for beeing be able to use PIR, sensors etc. in addition.

What do you mean by ezviz can run all the time? Would you go continuous recording as well for the substream? I'm planning up to 16 cameras, so that
would cause lots of traffic. I'm on G3, not even LTE at home. My provider is counting in GB, not in TB ;-). So I'm looking for a solution to limit the traffic.