Hikvision setup needed

Tommy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was dead set on a Dahua setup, 4 x 3200S and a POE NVR, but then again, I am now changed towards a Hik setup. Cheaper and apparently better than dahua. I did weeks or research and this is what I could find.

So here's my floorplan:

IrCAJRE.jpg

I want a 4 camera , 1 NVR setup. Since I basically have an open field around me, and no other neighbors, I am pretty much screwed, coverage wise :)

So I was thinking to set the cameras as shown above. But then again, I won't be able to see who's coming from the street, from the right.

My purchase list contains:

4 x DS-2CD2332-I
1 x HIK POE NVR (and I have no clue what to get, since Hikvision doesn't state maximum bitrate on their products, like the Dahua does. So with my 4 x 3MP 18Mbps cameras, I need roughly 80 Mbps, so as to not take it to 100% capacity).

As far as I can see, the 2332-I has about 98 degree FOV in 1080p. I am a long time user of car dashcams and Gopro, and I am really acustommed to very wide FOVs (140-160). I find the 98 angle on the Hik quite small. An 120 one would've been great, to capture more terrain.

All sides of the house are permanently lit at night by LED floodlights (50W on each side).

As far as security breaches go, I guess what's important are the front door, garage doors, back entrance, and terrace entrances (two of them). But then again, I need to cover most of what I can :)

Basically, any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks much!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Judging from your setup, if you just want a general overview of certain areas then okay, but understand that once you get going and setup, we all start to see holes in our coverage as DIY's ( like your dining room rear window and people at your front door). For instance when you do a layout, you should have a camera covering another camera if that makes sense so that you don't have any holes. Financially if you can only afford four cams right now then just start with four and make sure you get an nvr that does atleast eight. Just something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy

n3wb
Reaction score
That was the point.

To get an 8 cam NVR (with 8 POE) that does 80 Mbps, and only plug in 4 cameras at this time, adding more as I need, and reducing bitrate.