Hikvision standalone DS-2CD2135F-IS - iVMS-4500 push notification

sydownes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I've recently installed 3 standalone cams (no DVR) all recording to internal cards. Each cam has intrusion detection configured to notify Surveillance Centre. This is working great with notifications coming through to my iPhone (running iVMs-4500) almost instantly. However, the notification which comes through tells me the Serial number of the camera instead of the 'friendly name'. I've reached the age where I can't easily remember that DS-2CD2135F-ISO20150917AACH5nnnnnnnnnnn (plus 2 additional chinese characters?) means 'Driveway' :sad2:. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Firmware - V5.3.3 build 150803

Thanks
Simon

shaneelal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to get two cameras to operate standalone and record to SD card on motion detection trigger. Do you record continuously record or on motion detection?
Could you let me know where you got your camera?

I was skeptical on getting this camera as some persons reported issues with iVMs.

Hopefully your problem doesn't require a software upgrade.

sydownes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Mine are set to record on motion and work great. I purchased mine on eBay - ended up buying 4 from the same seller along with friends who have also purchased from them. Let me know if you want the sellers / business name - we've all been really impressed with their service and post install support. No problems with iVMS other than the alias name which is driving me nuts. Agreed, if its a software upgrade then I had better start trying to remember the serial numbers (atlas the last few digits).