Hikvision Turret Mounting

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0607.JPG Hey guys,

Another newbie question. I was thinking of buying an eight megapixel bullet camera but several people have talked me into looking at the tourist style camera. My problem is mounting it on the outside of the house. Attached are several pictures of the area I want to install it, and what I want to camera to cover. I see that they make an angled mount that may work but I'm not positive that this is the only thing I will need. I am up for any suggestions as the only camera I have a outfront is my ring video doorbell. Thanks so much and advance and I appreciate all the knowledge that is been shared with me. I see that they make an angled mount that may work but I'm not positive that this is the only thing I will need. I am up for any suggestions as the only camera I have a outfront is my ring video doorbell. Thanks so much and advance and I appreciate all the knowledge that is been shared with me. Also keep in mind that I am not allowed to pay for install. I have to do this all myself and I am not the handiest person there is.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Stephen,
I would suggest you mount the Hik turret camera under the house eve at point A. and the IR lighting at point B. This will give the camera and IR light some weather protection. Ensure there is at least 1 meter separation between the camera and IR light. POE cable can be installed through the garage ceiling. Looks like a nice easy install.

Hikvision_Turret_Mounting.jpg

The model of the camera bracket you should use is a DS-1281ZI-M inclined ceiling mount. They are about $ 12.00 usd.
The Hikvision turret camera body can rotate independently of the mount. Which means the mounting base doesn't need to be perfectly level.

Last edited:

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! The turret I have has IR built in. Should I install additional for support?

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh I see. It says optional
Installing separate IR lights can be a good way to reduce the amount of bugs and as a result, then spiders that will turn up. I would install the camera and see how you go. Its easy to add IR lighting later if you have a problem with insects.

LBJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I plan to do a very similar installation. For routing the ethernet cable, do you pretty much just drill through the side of the house and into the attic as close to the roof as you can drill the hole? Any hints on this before I drill into my house? Drilling always seems kind of permanent :)

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IMG_0617.JPG Same sort of question. Can I mount this right to the soffit or do I need a junction box?

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 19992 Same sort of question. Can I mount this right to the soffit or do I need a junction box?
Yep fix the DS-1281ZI-M inclined ceiling mount to the soffit. The Ethernet cable plug will fit in the ceiling mount just fine. Ensure no water can enter the mount, house or cables. I use a rubber a gasket between the camera and mount. Use Silicone or rubber gasket between the house and mount.

Before you drill any holes identfy the location of the power cables to the two outside lights on that corner of the house.