Hikvision turret with IR

Manic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a Hikvision camera with the red IR light. I feel this deters potential intruders.
From what i see the newer cameras with ColorVu don't have this and use different technology. There is street lighting at the house I'm installing it at and i feel i'd get a better night picture with a ColorVu camera, however, I prefer one with the red light which is visible from the driveway. Do the ColorVu cameras also have the red light or is this just with IR cameras?
Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Typically cameras labeled as "full color" do not have or see infrared. Instead the camera comes with white light. So simply do not shop the ColorVu series.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a Hikvision camera with the red IR light. I feel this deters potential intruders.
From what i see the newer cameras with ColorVu don't have this and use different technology. There is street lighting at the house I'm installing it at and i feel i'd get a better night picture with a ColorVu camera, however, I prefer one with the red light which is visible from the driveway. Do the ColorVu cameras also have the red light or is this just with IR cameras?
Thanks.
Just check the product code. If it ends I(U) it's Infra red, L(U) is white light, LI(U) has both. The latest ColorVu models containing G2H are Hybrid light models containing both White Light and IR. The mode can be switched directly from the app between ColorVu, Infra-Red or Smart (where the camera uses IR during darkness but switches back to Colour with white light on event trigger.