Hikvision unable to keep stream running with Alexa Show 8

Reaction score
Hi guys, and to the OP, great to hear that your setup is working to your satisfaction.

Since my interest to this point has mainly been Dahua cams and Blue Iris, I decided to poke around in some threads that don't even apply to me to learn a bit more and see what other people are doing. Can you take a second to edumucate me a bit as it relates to your efforts? I'm a newb to setting up IP cams and networking in general, and your exchanges in this thread are pure Greek to me.

I've done enough searching to see that the Alexa/Echo Show 8 is, in simplest terms, a "smart display," but what does it bring to your surveillance setup to improve your experience? Does it allow you to command your system by voice? Or does it let you run your cameras headless? Or ties the Hiks into your home automation? Whatever you've done seems to require a ton of specialized knowledge and effort to make it work, and the Show 8 product would appear to be a consumer-grade affair that would, seemingly, lend itself to PnP activation and use.

Thanks!