Historic Footage

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
This may be quite obvious but I can't see how to do it.

I am unable to see more that 2 days footage on the server I have 3.6 TB free space, and on the web interface i can only see the same days events, how do I modify this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Open Blue Iris Options, go to the Clips and archiving tab.

A typical setup has 3 folders. Alerts, New, and Stored. You can edit their configuration by using the dropdown box "Select to edit".

Every folder has a size limit and an optional age limit, and you can specify what happens to files after one of the limits is reached (delete them or move them to a different folder). It sounds like you need to increase the limits so you make better use of your disk space.

Notice that a default setup stores clips in two different folders. First they spend some time in the New folder, then they get moved to the Stored folder. Then they get deleted from the Stored folder. In my setup, I have modest limits for the size of the New folder (48 GB and 2 weeks) and much larger limits for the Stored folder (1000 GB).

The Alerts folder typically holds only jpeg frames taken when motion is detected. Mine only has 22 files in it... evidently something is wrong and I can't even guess why. You can just ignore this one since it is of little value.

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks I think I have been a bit of a fool I didn't realise that these folders were editable from this menu, and my settings were looking to my OS drive not my storage I have now modified my settings and will monitor and fine tune thanks for the help.