Homeseer + Blue Iris can only send commands one way

Reaction score
Im trying to get Homeseer and Blue Iris to talk to each other. As for now, im only getting Homeseer to talk to Blue Iris, but not the other way.
From Homeseer im able to trigger the camera to record, stop, move, and all that, and also change profiles.

But, the other way, I cant make it work. I want to be able to get motion alerts from BI to HS in order to make HS do something, and I want alerts if a camera freezes or somthing.

I have read a lot about Json, but I cant get that to work either....

Any advice ? :)

Reaction score
If in doubt...could install a MQTT broker for troubleshooting so you can see who is sending what. I use MQTT Explorer (unknown if it is the best or worse...but it works).
Have you set up the MQTT action for individual cameras under the ALERTS tab / ACTIONS on alert?

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im trying to get Homeseer and Blue Iris to talk to each other. As for now, im only getting Homeseer to talk to Blue Iris, but not the other way.
From Homeseer im able to trigger the camera to record, stop, move, and all that, and also change profiles.

But, the other way, I cant make it work. I want to be able to get motion alerts from BI to HS in order to make HS do something, and I want alerts if a camera freezes or somthing.

I have read a lot about Json, but I cant get that to work either....

Any advice ? :)
Discussed over on Homeseer forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I no longer user BI to HS for camera alerts but do have BI send HS alerts for camera watchdog events and also have BI send a watchdog type signal to HS every 10 minutes. That way HS knows BI is still alive.

I use HS events to control some cam actions in BI. HS knows when sprinkles are on on and i have one zone that sets of motion o one camera. So i turn off motion alerts when that zone is active.

Another is a gate leading to backyard. I trigger one camera every time gate opens. HS connects to Zwave gate sensor and triggers camera.

Reaction score
I no longer user BI to HS for camera alerts but do have BI send HS alerts for camera watchdog events and also have BI send a watchdog type signal to HS every 10 minutes. That way HS knows BI is still alive.

I use HS events to control some cam actions in BI. HS knows when sprinkles are on on and i have one zone that sets of motion o one camera. So i turn off motion alerts when that zone is active.

Another is a gate leading to backyard. I trigger one camera every time gate opens. HS connects to Zwave gate sensor and triggers camera.

z-wave gate sensor? can explain a tad more?

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Regular Zwave sensor fitted with a external wide gap sensor in water proof box. Have two of these for my gates.IMG_6505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zwave sensor

Wide gap sensor

Waterproof box

Painted box white to match vinyl fence and gate. Works great. HS sends BI camera trigger URLto record when sensor opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.