Horn Deterrent

Oneup

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had AI cameras with push notifications through BI and home alarm for years, which have worked very well. What do you do when a perp trespasses on your property while at home? I am familiar with the cameras that automatically set off a siren, but do not want this since my notifications are on 24/7. Lately I have had a couple of instances of people coming on the property cutting down bamboo and a neighboring ABNB renter come in and steal some of my mangos. I was immediately alerted with push notifications and looked at my always on camera monitors. I ran outside and confronted the perps, with force. They looked worse than deer in the headlight look. What about annoying solicitors or too lazy to confront perps before they do something? I bought this remote control horn and mounted it in the attic, shooting down through the ventilated vinyl soffit, to keep it out of sight. It is darn loud. It is powered from my 12VDC wall wart power supply that I use for external IR lights. Horn draws 1.6 Amps at 12V, measured. Now I can quietly sit inside and push a button to notify the perp that they are noticed, or run off the solicitors. Very happy with this horn. Now the fun to record their look.
1721307288668.png

I beefed up my power supply to 5 Amp, since I did not know current draw from horn when I ordered

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.