HOSAFE Camera factory reset/default settings

Reaction score
Hello all,

We purchased a few HOSafe 2MB7PW cameras to configure and add to Blue Iris.

We were able to configure them all but one of the camera's Device Port was accidentally changed from its default (within the camera settings) of port 9101 to 5544 by accident. Now we cannot not only stream but access the device settings in order to reset the Device Port number within the camera.

Does anyone know of a workaround or how to reset the camera altogether? There is no reset button physically on the camera and we cannot access the camera's device settings through CMS software or a browser (as I mentioned).

Any help is appreciated.

BubbaJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Email hosafe support. It will take them a few days to respond but they do respond. They have a work around. Its been years since i had the same problem but it worked. The cameras are still running. I just don't remember what they sent me.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I first started in the camera world I bought a HoSafe 2mp cam because of the price... think it was like $30 for the poe version. That camera lasted around 10 months before failing.

I also had a lot of trouble with it changing IP address even though I had the camera set to a static IP- it kept changing back to DHCP automatically every once in a while.

I think only way of resetting the camera is through their stupid hard to use software.

Moral of the story, ditch the HoSafe if you can't figure out how to reset and get ya any Dahua.

Reaction score
The software is pretty low-grade, oftentimes of the configurations do not even keep or appear to change randomly.

Reaction score
Yes, I can log in to the camera within the browser but the stream is no longer available. I changed the Device Port and ever since it will not stream at all. In order to access the device settings where I originally made the device port change, the camera has to be streaming. I was experimenting with some config settings to get the camera to work within Blue Iris.