How are we supposed to acess Hikvision clients remotely these days?

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most of this is coppied from another forum but it hits the nail on the head for me.

It seems that the (boolean) work around for FireFox has come to an end. I can no longer remote into my clients from my PC.

The work around did work with my HikVisions on the latest Firefox, but will definitely NOT work for future releases of FireFox. And to not update the browsers leaves one possibly vulnerable to security issues.

And despite some indications from conversations on other forums, Internet Explorer does NOT work either, nor does Chrome.

I haven't found a solution for the future on the Hikvision home page for English language.

I haven't found a solution for the future on a general Google search, despite trying various key phrases.

Questions:
a) Are those of us with considerable time and money and setup using these cameras out of luck for the future?
b) Has anyone talked with sellers of Hikvision or to Hikvision itself as to the future solution, if there is one?
c) How are us who have clients supposed to remote view their NVR's now.
d). What do you tell your clients that can't access their work NVR's from home now?

I would think that as popular as this brand and method used by other brands too, that a solution would be already available, since Mozilla had announced a year or more ago that they were going to get rid of plug ins all together.

I also would suppose that since this is a big company that they aren't going to want to just throw in their hand and quit trying to compete for the IP streaming cam's market.

I see lots of discussion here and there, all of it rather old, and other than Mac's temporary fix, nothing is promising. Numerous comments have been made about using IE, which as I noted is no longer working, either.

Thoughts? Helpful ideas? Discussion?

Thanks. Getting a bit frustrated at this lack of solution from an otherwise very nice company.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you a part of Hikvision's DPP dealer partner program? If not, you may want to reach out to a local rep and sign up. Their support is preety good and you will have access to their local tech person - engineer. We have had the systems engineer to our office several times to do a training class on their equipment and software. It's free to join and you will get better pricing on their equipment through ADI, Triad, etc..

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not but will look into it for sure. I like their products but they REALLY need to come up with a fix here. I have customers who are quite upset they can not remote into their businesses from home right now and have no answer for them. Makes my business look bad.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't see anywhere that it's free? Maybe Silver level

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are located. Reach out to your distributor and see if you can get in touch with your local Hikvision Rep. If you are using LTS, you may need to have them solve this problem. We have been receiving emails and fixes to Hikvision's ddns changes for a few months through the DPP

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Located in US. Yeah I'm reaching out to them today. We will see.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sooooo for all others. Here is what Hikvision had to say. You have to use Explorer NOT Explorer Edge. They look very similar. Installed the plugins and everything is working fine.