How can I improve IVS on my SD52C225U-HNI PTZ?

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Works & autotracks fine 75% of the time. Sometimes it focuses on something else. In the case of the video I attached, on the Yellow NO EXIT sign instead of the mom & daughter walking from left to right on the sidewalk.

Would appreciate advice on how get this camera behavior resolved.

Thanks to those who reply!

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Works & autotracks fine 75% of the time. Sometimes it focuses on something else. In the case of the video I attached, on the Yellow NO EXIT sign instead of the mom & daughter walking from left to right on the sidewalk.
I think your doing pretty good getting 75%.

I've tried tripwire and Intrusion with various different sizes, and various size(min/max) object sizes. You get it working great, then next time, camera focuses on something random or decides to look at a tree, or the sky, or flying invisible elephants, or has a spinning paddy.

What I find really annoying is that half the time it works great,
so I would also REALLY like to know how to improve the auto tracking!

Sorry I didn't actually answer your question, but at least you know someone else is having problems with this cam too.:banghead:

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Stevee:

Thanks for your input. I’ll keep experimenting. I wonder if changing contrast on the camera would help improve autotracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @Ray Flores , How are you getting on with the Auto-tracking?
I seem to Have it working well now (most of the time!). I Found for my situation it worked better with multiple smaller rectangles rather than 1 large one, also I found that depending on where you start drawing (the in/out arrow location) seemed to work better for me as shown in examples below. For me, also zooming into smaller gate area, and using a call from another cam to the driveway area and then Auto-Tracking from there when required.
This set-up, for me anyway, seems to work quite well.

Last edited:

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Stevee:

Sorry been really busy, haven’t had a chance. Seems to be working better now without having done anything ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk