How critical is Lux/Low light ability for night capture?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Jidetech version.jpg

heres that firmware version I promised. from the alledged 20X Zoom Jidetech/leftek/leftnut whatever it is......

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Holy Christ i need more cat5e!!!!
Pft1300 or ipcampower combiner splitter

I work from home.... No commute lol

Yeah need a touch more zoom but the z12 already at max

Tried test mounting on the wall, found the click system extremely difficult to aim.... when you only need a tiny bit of movement at max zoom, 1 click is too much

Last edited:

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Might try a shim of various thickness behind one side of the wall mount
Going to be mounting it to vinyl siding corner trim will see what I can do to shim it

Day time shots are fine, greatly helped by the near zero angle. Although the plates are a bit small it is still very readable

Still trying to dial in the night setting. Will have to do the park my car trick tonight. Spray paint them back to white on Saturday and mount them on Sunday.

No good permanent location for reflective tape... Wonder how long they will last on a tree lol. Not so much to use for autofocus in this case but just to confirm the camera is still in focus during the night

Attachments

blainet

n3wb
Reaction score
Going to be mounting it to vinyl siding corner trim will see what I can do to shim it

Day time shots are fine, greatly helped by the near zero angle. Although the plates are a bit small it is still very readable

Still trying to dial in the night setting. Will have to do the park my car trick tonight. Spray paint them back to white on Saturday and mount them on Sunday.

No good permanent location for reflective tape... Wonder how long they will last on a tree lol. Not so much to use for autofocus in this case but just to confirm the camera is still in focus during the night
I see this is from 2021 but wanted to offer a suggestion to anyone interested. I have had good luck using things like Bondo type body filler and (low heat while curing) epoxy resins/2 part epoxy into a quart zip lock bag then put into place to harden into the support shape needed and not be permanent. Just like your need of support behind vinyl siding. Needed to make a pad to support the floor underneath a boat's stairs once (circular mounting bracket, no support stringer/rib between floor and hull) and ended up using a piece of duct tape to support and pre shape the pad to have the thickness I needed. Once cured can be drilled, sanded, etc.