How does one delete a PTZ preset set in the UI3?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've set some PTZ presets with thumbnails in the UI3 that I no longer use. They are blank in the BI camera settings (PTZ presets) but they still show up in the UI3 and I can't see a way to remove or blank them again. Anyone have any ideas?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You can right-click on the preset in the UI3 and select "New Preset" which will overwrite the old one.

You can also go into the BI console and select the camera you want and then Camera Settings -> PTZ/Control -> Edit Presets

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yea, neither of those work, I've tried those before. The first suggestion only makes a new preset at the location where the camera is now. The second one (deleting/blanking out) the presets in the BI Console does nothing either.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Neither work? That is weird. I just set a new preset for my PTZ in the UI3 using the way I described above and it took a new thumbnail and set the new position.

I haven't tested in the BI console in a while but last I looked you could delete the thumbnail from within. I'll have to check again.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, I don't want any more positions set, that may be the difference for what works for you and not me.
I have preset 8 and 9 that I no longer want to use in UI3. I want to find a way to blank them out (no thumbnails) to indicate to me they aren't being used. It's like there should be a "clear preset" when you right click on the UI3 preset for that camera, but there is not.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried logging into the camera to see if a preset is active inside of it? Clear it there first (if present) and then check BI.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ahhhhh. I would have never found that. Thank you!!!
Sounds like that could be a feature request to be able to do it though the UI3 GUI.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like it "blanks" out the preset but still retains the preset that was set with the UI3. Maybe I should email Ken to see if this can be fixed?