How long will BI be on sale?

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to give BI a try before I buy it, but i don't want to miss the sale price. Anyone know how long it will be on sale?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just speculating here, but I wouldn't expect to see a price increase until they move to the next major version number (ie V6). The good news is that because BI uses a paid support model for updates, the developers aren't trying to arbitrarily push out a major version release every 1-2 years to force people into buying the latest version because they stop supporting the "old" version. Instead, they continue to support and add new features to the current version and will only move to a new major release when it is warranted. The move from V4 to V5 was full of massive changes for example and it totally warranted moving to a new major version number.

Last edited:

lane777smith

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input guys. I've being running the demo and so far i'm liking it.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not remember what the trial limitations are other than the trial watermark but if I remember correctly some things like direct to disk recording and substreams may not work. If this still applies then your CPU usage can be drastically reduced when you get it unlocked.