How to always trigger recording on motion but only get notified when DS detects objects?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just upgraded to BI a few days ago and have turned on DS for most of my cameras. I just realized I have a huge problem. I'm no longer getting recordings on regular old motion detection. I'm only getting recordings when DS detects one of the filtered object types. I still want the alerts for all the motion events but only want to execute certain alert actions when actual DS objects are detected.

How do I change it so I get recordings like before on motion but only get actual alerts for DS objects detected??

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I'm reading the help file correctly, it should already do what I want when camera Record Tab Video "When Triggered" is set vs "When alerted" which says: "When alerted. Much like When triggered, but video is only recorded when the camera is in a triggered state and the alert has been confirmed by AI or otherwise. ".

It seems it's acting like its set to "when alerted" rather than "when triggered".

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to the alert clips to the left of the console and select the folder and have it show cancelled alerts - when using DS that is where they go if it doesn't meet your criteria.

Or go into the AI of each cam and uncheck the box for hiding cancelled triggers to your alerts and timeline.

Last edited:

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How can I see all alerts without having to change between "alerts" and "canceled"?

That said, there's nearly nothing in canceled the 30 things that happened in front of the house last night that would normally trigger a recording didn't have anything recorded let alone cancelled alerts. When I switch the alarm off so the profile changes to "Night Disarmed", motion starts triggering again and thing get recorded into the clip. The motion detection settings are identical between the two profiles. Something is way off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the AI of each camera and uncheck the "Hide cancelled alerts on timeline and 'all alerts'" box. And make sure you are recording on triggered and not on alerts.

1633628005200.png

Since there is an issue between switching profiles, make sure you do not have a timer or some other function going on the other profile that is limiting the alerts:

1633628235787.png

Provided both of those are set correctly, then probably the thing to do is to delete the problem camera and re-add it from scratch.

Many of us have had to do that when going from one update to the next, and you went from one version to the next version, so there could be some problem with that camera that can only be fixed by deleting it and re-adding from scratch (not importing in it's settings).

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go into the AI of each camera and uncheck the "Hide cancelled alerts on timeline and 'all alerts'" box. And make sure you are recording on triggered and not on alerts.

View attachment 104037

Since there is an issue between switching profiles, make sure you do not have a timer or some other function going on the other profile that is limiting the alerts:

View attachment 104038

Provided both of those are set correctly, then probably the thing to do is to delete the problem camera and re-add it from scratch.

Many of us have had to do that when going from one update to the next, and you went from one version to the next version, so there could be some problem with that camera that can only be fixed by deleting it and re-adding from scratch (not importing in it's settings).
OMG, how did I not see that?????

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think my other issue of not getting as many motion alerts could this this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
YES - only use that if you are trying to knock out false alerts, which you have the opposite and you are not getting alerts. Uncheck the move so many pixels and reset at 67% boxes.

None of my cameras use those two features.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So this works fine for the desktop app but the mobile app only shows confirmed alerts in the cameras view. The only way to see the canceled alerts is going to the alerts but those are organized by time when I just need to see all the last alert for each camera.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
YES - only use that if you are trying to knock out false alerts, which you have the opposite and you are not getting alerts. Uncheck the move so many pixels and reset at 67% boxes.

None of my cameras use those two features.
I tried turning off the "Object Travels" recently and my motion triggers were non-stop. I had to turn it back on and use 125 pixels, which works for me.