How to cast via HTTPS over LAN only?

Jobooty

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently (and have been for quite some time if I'm being perfectly honest) been trying to utilize the casting feature built into the Blue Iris app with which to cast to my various display devices. As it stands now, I use a VPN to connect remotely into my Blue Iris cameras. I've messed around with Stunnel, but it seems more focused on how to create HTTPS traffic through WAN access. I am currently using a Synology router and utilize the synology vpn service for all remote viewing. Like I said in the beginning, I'm desperately seeking an answer for how to cast from my android based devices over my LAN, and any help that anyone might be able to provide would be most appreciated! I'm mildly savvy, but no expert by any means.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It may not be what you are looking for, but I find it easy and effective to just cast(mirror) my android screen via Chromecast to my HDMI 60" TV. Google Home app can be used to connect to Chromecast.
Edit: Fixed mirror typo.

Last edited:

Jobooty

n3wb
Reaction score
It may not be what you are looking for, but I find it easy and effective to just cast(mirrow) my android screen via Chromecast to my HDMI 60" TV. Google Home app can be used to connect to Chromecast.
It may not be what you are looking for, but I find it easy and effective to just cast(mirrow) my android screen via Chromecast to my HDMI 60" TV. Google Home app can be used to connect to Chromecast.
I greatly appreciate your input... part of my particular problem is that the android devices in question that I'm most trying to use are Fire tablets (which are quite neutered as it pertains to the direct implementation of many of Google's services). Even with the play store/ Google services installed on the tablets, it appears as though the Google Home apk will not work on fire tablets... thus my rabbit hole goes deeper.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don' t use fire tablets but here's some links that might help: