How to change main os hdd but keep blue iris settings?

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an old laptop hdd that is holding windows 10 and blue iris. I just bought a new ssd and want to fresh install windows. Is there a way for me to reinstall blue iris while keeping all of my camera settings/ip configs or do I have to do everything all over again when changing from the hdd to the ssd if i want to do a fresh install and not just clone everything to the ssd?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
On the main settings screen under the gear icon, Export settings. That will do most everything. There were a few details here and there that I had to fix when I did mine but I don't recall exactly what they were.

Also make sure that you have your license/support keys.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It might also be worth deactivating your license before starting the swap over.

Also a good way to get your license is to go through the motions of lodging a support ticket via BI, that will generate an email template with your license within the email.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^ to both the above.

All 3 are handled on one page , at BI's "Settings" (the gear at upper left) => "About".

The "Export settings" button at middle right of that page.
The "Email Support" button at lower right which will copy your license info to the clipboard; paste into a text file and save it in a secure, accessible place.
The "Deactivate" license button is at the middle left of that same page.

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so i should first export my settings and save those to maybe a flash drive or something. Then i should get my license key and finally deactivate blue iris. Then once the new ssd is installed and everything is running i can reactivate blue iris using my license key. And finally import the settings to have everything back?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes. Like I said there were a few little things that I had to fix here and there after but not a lot.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, depending on the last time you renewed your support (aka, the last time you received a new key). Your key might not work with the latest release of BI. If this is the case DON'T PANIC. Simply download the installer for version of BI you are currently running.

Joegreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok i got everything all back up and running but dumb me didnt read my email and i thought my 1 year support key was my activation key. Now im waiting to hear back from blue iris while using the demo version.