How to connect IMOU IPC-K2ECP (Ranger 2C) to a Synology NAS? (or eventually, how to debug it)

cgriell

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a very specific question, throwing a fish line just to see if someone has already caught this fish and has the procedure, If not, I will ask for directions,

I have a Synology NAS and I have a brand new IMOU (Dahua, I think), CCTV Camera which transmits in H.265

I would like to connect my camera to the Specific Software (Surveillance Station) provided by Synology. I have added also the package Advanced Media Extensions, which is supposed to manage H.265 to the Surveillance Station.

To add a camera, first thing I've done is to let the software find the camera, which it did, detecting an ONVIF camera and indicating the its IP. I pinged the IP and I've got a response, Checking it, it corresponds to my camera and it has ports 80 (HTTP) and 554 (RTSP) open .

Surveillance station said that I needed to authenticate, which I did,
user: admin
pass the "safety code" printed on camera label.

Everything looked fine, but when entering name and pass in the authentication step, I get an error message which says: unable to communicate with the camera.

If someone has been able to connect IMOU cameras to a synology NAS, I would appreciate if he can send to me how he did it.

I

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that camera or a NAS (use Blue Iris VMS on a PC) but since it's been 6 hours and you haven't gotten a bite (sorry....just couldn't resist) thought I'd offer this:
  • Have you created an ONVIF user in the cam?
  • If you get past that, the following URL should work for the Ranger 2C's main stream (be sure to use two "/" after "rtsp:" as forum software won't allow 2 to be shown consecutively):
Code:
rtsp:/Camera-IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif