How to Connect M7WP-MIC or DH-HAP320-V to DH-SD6C3425GB-HNR-A-PV1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was set on buying the DH-SD3E405DB-GNY-A-PV1 TiOC 2.0 PTZ camera.
In the end, I decided against it since it has no support for Predictive Focus Algorithm (PFA).

Having seen a demo of PFA in action for a Dahua PTZ camera recently, I wouldn't buy one without this feature.

So, I have decided to go with the DH-SD6C3425GB-HNR-A-PV1 model.
The main headache I am facing is that this model has no built-in microphone.

In order to achieve audio recording of events, and for 2-way talk to work, I would need to supply an outdoor rated microphone myself.

I have got two options:

1. Dahua Tech DH-HAP320-V
Cost: ~ $150AUD

2. Microseven M7WP-MIC Waterproof Outdoor Microphone
Cost: ~ $50AUD

The plan is to have my cabler / installer run two PoE CAT6A cables from the central area to the location of the camera.
One of the PoE cable will be used for the DH-SD6C3425GB-HNR-A-PV1 camera itself.

The second cable will be split using a Passive PoE Power Splitter.

I did go looking for an active PoE power splitter, but just couldn't find anything suitable.

If you would be kind enough to recommend a suitable ACTIVE PoE power splitter (that will power both the camera and the external mic without any issues), please let me know within your comments.
I will just use the second cable run for a PoE horn speaker someday.

Here is my main question: How do I go about connecting the AUDIO IN bare wires of the DH-SD6C3425GB-HNR-A-PV1 camera to (say) the M7WP-MIC unit?

According to this Installation Manual from Dahua Tech, there are three bare audio cables:

1. White: Audio input
2. Red: Audio output
3. Black: Audio grounding cable

I assume I will somehow need to connect the White and Black cables to the RCA audio connector of the M7WP-MIC unit.

In the future, if I wanted to connect an outdoor rated horn speaker to this same camera, I assume I can just use the Red and Black bare cables for the audio signal?

Any helpful pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
If I wanted to use an external horn speaker, which audio cables should be used? Red & Black?
Camera you listed has speakers. If you want to add another one you could go IP, or analog. If the latter you’ve got a couple options; camera pigtails or audio out on nvr. Either will still require adding voltage as rca and pigtails are dry contacts. I have not used or even looked into how much Dahua’s new IP horn is or any reviews yet but it seems like thatll simplify your install.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well the horn ain’t cheap; $415 USD but it’s poe and has a mic for two way audio