How to connect microphone to Dahua audio in and out terminal block - IPC-HDBW5831E-ZE

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a IPC-HDBW5831E-ZE Dahua camera and I would like to connect a microphone to the camera.

The microphone I want to use is the Dahua HAP320-V ().

The camera has an audio in and out terminal block and i'm unsure what cables and connectors I require to make this work.

Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated.

P.S. I am not using a Network DVR, but will be using Blue Iris.

Regards

Attachments

Last edited:

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Connect the audio output from the mic (female RCA) into the camera's Aud In & Gnd terminals.
The mic also need 12vdc, connected to the mic's power connector.

Reaction score
Connect the audio output from the mic (female RCA) into the camera's Aud In & Gnd terminals.
The mic also need 12vdc, connected to the mic's power connector.
Thank you for your response.

Sorry, but are you suggesting that I strip the female RCA cable down to 2 cores and then insert into the audio in and out terminal block?

Is there any other way that doesn't involve stripping down the cable? An adapter perhaps?

Sorry for my newbie question, but I am new to all of this.

Regards

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No worries! Recommend using a separate male RCA cable and strip on end for connection to the camera.
Other end plugs into the mic's female RCA connector.
This leaves the mic's pigtail in tact.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two ways to approach this.
Either cut the Female plug off, and using the bar wires connect the black to the GND terminal, and the other to the audio in terminal.
If you'd rather not cut off the female RCA jack, then purchase one of these: Amazon.com: exgoofit Phono RCA Screws Male Female Plug to AV Screw Terminal Audio/Video Connector Adapter (Male Connector 20-Pack): Electronics
Get a piece of shielded audio cable, hook one end to the camera, the other to the male plug. Then just plug mic into the new jack.
You will need a small 12vdc power adapter, rated at 500ma to power the mic.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Either cut the Female plug off, and using the bar wires connect the black to the GND terminal, and the other to the audio in terminal.
If you'd rather not cut off the female RCA jack, then purchase one of these: Amazon.com: exgoofit Phono RCA Screws Male Female Plug to AV Screw Terminal Audio/Video Connector Adapter (Male Connector 20-Pack): Electronics
Get a piece of shielded audio cable, hook one end to the camera, the other to the male plug. Then just plug mic into the new jack.
Thank you all for your responses thus far.

Are you able to post a link to an appropriate audio cable?

Would this suffice?
Regards

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A little overkill with the speaker cable, any 2-conductor 22g audio cable will work.
Cheapest solution is to buy a pre made male RCA cable, cut & strip one end.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cool screw terminal RCA connectors