How to delay Schedule changes for 60 seconds etc?

justinhow

n3wb
Reaction score
I am very new to BI but generally I am making very good progress with it.
One question I have is that I have set up 2 schedules. One is "Home" which disables most Alerts etc and another called "Away" which activates Alerts (used for vacations etc).
My question is if I change the active schedule, I ideally need a delay before it changes otherwise I get a load of alerts as I make my way out. e.g. Alarm systems do a delayed exit.
Is this what I use "Blue Iris Settings/Schedules/Actions Sets" and use the "wait" option?
Second question is can this change of schedule be made remotely in anyway.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can do it that way.

If you have set up your system to access it remotely, then you can change the schedule/profile within either UI3 or the paid app.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I do something similar using the geo location on my phone. When I come home, BI goes into a temp schedule for 2 minutes which still records but doesn't alert. Then after the 2 minutes, it resumes the normal schedule based on time of day.

justinhow

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes you can do it that way.

If you have set up your system to access it remotely, then you can change the schedule/profile within either UI3 or the paid app.
From my testing, putting a single Wait action in the "Blue Iris Settings/Schedules/Actions Sets/On Schedule Change" does not appear to delay the actual Schedule change itself, rather that the "On Schedule Action" is intended to fire off other activities which can themselves be delayed by the adding Wait action.
Or am I doing something wrong? Any other way I can do this?