How to download camera plugin on Dahua POE NVR

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most people on this forum would find how to install a plugin a trivial and easy thing to do, but for some, new to IP Camera systems it is not quite so straight forward.

I initially had problems trying to download and install camera plugin on my POE NVR. But this worked for me, so I thought I'd post a guide for anyone else having problems.

1. Connect laptop via LAN cable to spare POE port on NVR.
2. Turn wifi off on laptop and select LAN
3. Using IE 11 ( NOT EDGE) access NVR web browser as normal, Go to camera Registration page and click on the "e"
Screenshot (107).png
A new tab should open for that camera, Login with same password as NVR and you will see below screenshot.
Camera needing plugin.png
4. Click on where it asks for plugin, then click SAVE and RUN.
Save and Run.png
5. Your Anti Virus might not like it, because its new and not very common. So allow plugin where necessary.
AV warning.png
6. Plugin should now download and install. Live view should now work.
7. Log out of camera and NVR, close browser. Disconnect LAN cable.
8. Enable wifi, log into NVR and camera, live video should work OK.

This worked OK for me, so I hope it helps anyone else having problems with poe NVR and camera plugins.

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey thanks @Steveee I tried to explain this in a post for a question asked but was not sure if I worded it correctly. I was really going off memory from watching a YouTube video. The little "e" was hard to explain.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Steveee, very helpful, still cant get the plugins to download once in the camera direct web thing. Will keep trying.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Steveee, very helpful, still cant get the plugins to download once in the camera direct web thing. Will keep trying.
Maybe post a screenshot of the error you're getting?

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
turn on smartscreen defender in IE. and in internet options > go to security > custom level > set unsigned activex controls to prompt