How to get rid of user1

TXDego

n3wb
Reaction score
Back on May 8th, I had posted that one of my systems updated and was locked out, almost a month later, was finally able to get to the location and roll back versions to one that the user1 issue would allow me to start BI backup.

This user1 problem has come up a few times over the years, and even crazier, it randomly seems to plague me. I have 3 completely separate BI systems working in 3 different city's, and what seems to be a problem for one system, does not seem to bother another, and it seems that different versions seem to react differently on different systems. Now I usually just attribute that to each having different Intel processors that react differently, but all systems have Intel processors, and all run Windows 10 Professional, and this is the key, NONE have a username or password set up, they are all set up to just turn on and run.

Long story I know, but the only thing that keeps hanging me up over and over is this crazy user1 thing, its happen so many times now, what is the long term solution to get rid of this nagging problem. When it happens, you can't start BI up at all. I had to roll back to 5.1.0.4 on this system I am working on now to get it work without the user1 login thingy.
Resized_20200507_091958x2.jpeg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You might be confusing Windows login options with Blue Iris login options.

This is from the release notes from Blue Iris 5.2.0 - March 4, 2020

The software will prompt for a user login when the “require admin run-as administrator”
has been unchecked on the Settings/Startup page, now even when BlueIris.exe is run with
Windows administrator rights.
So what you need to do is enable that setting to make the Blue Iris login prompts go away. If the Windows User Account Control popups are a nuisance, you should be able to set up a workaround: Auto Startup Question Windows 10

TXDego

n3wb
Reaction score
That seems to have solved the problem, I have never checked the "require run as administrator" box. Once I checked that box, then updated to latest build, it seems to run again with a newer build version. Now I guess my next hurdle and I assume that is the second link you posted is to make everything run without having to manually right click BI icon to "run as administrator" to launch when windows restarts on its own when I am not around.

Thanks