How to get the edge in Hik

Eagleye

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys again.

So where we live all of our competition is quoting Hik... All of them..

I’m looking to get the edge,

What makes Hik so easy to sell is it’s price point and clarity.

But, is there somthing in the CANADA market that is well let’s not say better over all but different to Hik mainly better image / security but still at a price point that could succeed in a Hik flodded market?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
The three most common integrator options we (IPVM) see in that price range are Dahua (obviously well discussed here), Uniview (another Chinese manufacturer, not as well known, but quite inexpensive) and Hanwha (Korean, former Samsung, higher quality, still lower cost but more expensive than Dahua and Hikvision).

Eagleye

n3wb
Reaction score
Great, thank you for your input.

If you had to choose one brand that seems to exceed in image / product quality in their lines what would you recommend?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
In our testing, Hanwha has the overall best image / product quality, though it is the relatively most expensive of lower cost products. Uniview is the relatively least expensive. What is best for you depends on how you go to market. Note: I am only considering authorized North American products and pricing, the other option is to buy direct from China (which is done here at IPCamTalk commonly) but is less common for dealers / integrators who want local support, RMA, warranty, etc.).

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Eagleye ,
Depending on where in Canada you are , even buying from an authorized distributor is no guarantee that you will get proper support.

I have seen this first hand with my SIL who purchased direct and they will not lift a finger to assist with most issues.

I purchased my NVR / Cameras from AliExpress and have had zero issues.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hik offers cUL ratings, great image quality and aggressive price.
You won’t find a CSA/cUL listed camera for cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk