How to have all cameras and NVRs while no NVR has any static IP

inna

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two NVRs, one is office1 (nvr is available at 1.1.1.1:81, local ip for nvr is 192.168.1.100) and the other is office2 (nvr is available at 2.2.2.2:81, local ip for nvr is 192.168.1.100)

For both, port forwarding is set and the port 81 is forwarded to the local ip of nvr on port 80.

Currently, this is how I see all the cameras remotely over the internet:

I enter one of above IPs, like 1.1.1.1:81 and I see all current camera in office 1. For office2, I do the same steps.

In this case, both offices require static IP address.

I also figured out I can see both of the offices in an application called SmartPSS (if there's any better one, I'll be glad to hear). I added both offices in SmartPSS and I can see all of my cameras in one place.

But there's an issue here: All offices require static IP address, so that SmartPSS can connect to them.

But what I'm going to have is: only the SmartPSS should have a static IP address (suppose it doesn't have any static IP, it's dynamic and changes if I reboot the modem or router).

Current connection is:

SmartPSS connects to ==> office1

SmartPSS connects to ==> office2

While I'm going to reach:

office1 connects to a program (in this case, office1 connects, instead of the old case which SP connects to office1)

office2 connects to the program.

Is that possible to do this?

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't know what recorders you are using but I personally would use Dahua or Amcrest and or some other product that uses P2P and while others on here say P2P isn't secure I can tell you that it is better then ever having your DVR/NVRs connected to your Internet with open ports.. I have tested open port method and it takes less then 2 days before I have many many attempts to access my recorders or Ip cameras for the ones I have tested.. I also report all attempts on my recorders to the abuse of the IP users yet some of them use VPNs or other masking to keep that to something that is not as easy to report, if I do nothing happens and the attacks keep coming.. I have it setup to log all incoming traffic and I have yet to have anyone ever gain access to my DVR/NVR or IP cameras and at this location alone I have over 38 DVR/NVRs and IP cameras connected that have internet access. Not Directly but access. Then I have cameras that are behind POE NVRs like on my 4216E-AI, 5232E-16P, 4108E-HS, 4116E-HS where the IP cameras are behind the NVRs Switches..

Using SmartPSS and in my case for Dahua and IVMS4200 for Hikvision or ASP for my Amcrest along with Orion, I use P2P and on a few other devices using the CMS for their brand and using P2P.. Only time I have had my Keys exposed is if I have other devices open to the internet access and then doing a search will show loads of DHTs. if I do a search now it shows there is nothing on my internet IP address open..

In order for someone to hack you with P2P there has to be the SN for my device and the Password that is setup for my device so without them even knowing the SN they can't even try to test passwords..

What device are you using? Be safe as there are loads out there that are OPEN to the world without others even knowing it..