How to see if any of your smart devices or IP cams are phoning home?

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It may be old news, but I just read how Ubiquiti APs were phoning home after a firmware update. It got me thinking about my network, and are any of my devices phoning home??

I have an ASUS AC2900. My cameras (with static IPs) are blocked from the internet via the router, but I believe I read somewhere here that the cameras could possibly change their IPs to phone home.

So is there any way within my current router to see if any of my IP cameras or smart devices are phoning home? If not, how and what do I need to do to check on this? I'm very much a networking noob and not sure how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It may be old news, but I just read how Ubiquiti APs were phoning home after a firmware update. It got me thinking about my network, and are any of my devices phoning home??

I have an ASUS AC2900. My cameras (with static IPs) are blocked from the internet via the router, but I believe I read somewhere here that the cameras could possibly change their IPs to phone home.

So is there any way within my current router to see if any of my IP cameras or smart devices are phoning home? If not, how and what do I need to do to check on this? I'm very much a networking noob and not sure how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!
link to that Ubiquiti AP article - I'd like to read it