How to set this up ; disabling cameras for some users, but not always.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all ,

I am using BI for about 4 years and very happy, It is integratet in my homeautomation system, by disabling and enabling cameras. Profiles I use for different levels in motion detect , for example snow-storm etc.

How I have it now:
14 Cameras, where 7 of them have been duplicated with a dark mask for privacy when I am at home.
When I am at home: the inhouse cameras are disabled , some outside cameras are disabled and the cameras with the Mask are enabled.

When I leave my house: The inhouse cams are enabled , all outside cameras are enabled and the duplicates with the mask are disabled.

The duplicates with the mask I have because also other people have user "acces" to the system.

But now , things are changing and my girlfriend is moving in, not cool if everyone can for example see also the inhouse cams when she is at home and I am not.

What I would like, but no clue how to set up:

For users when security system is ON:
-All cameras on , mask cameras off

For users when security system is OFF:
- inhouse cameras on, mask cameras on, other cameras off
- But as a "administrator" I would like to see for example the "inhouse" cameras , or the "non" mask cameras.

I understand when the cameras are disabled, this is for example not possible. But is there a way to webcast some cameras to users , other cameras to administrators? but change this with a http- request?

Thanks,
Cor

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello all ,

I am using BI for about 4 years and very happy, It is integratet in my homeautomation system, by disabling and enabling cameras. Profiles I use for different levels in motion detect , for example snow-storm etc.

How I have it now:
14 Cameras, where 7 of them have been duplicated with a dark mask for privacy when I am at home.
When I am at home: the inhouse cameras are disabled , some outside cameras are disabled and the cameras with the Mask are enabled.

When I leave my house: The inhouse cams are enabled , all outside cameras are enabled and the duplicates with the mask are disabled.

The duplicates with the mask I have because also other people have user "acces" to the system.

But now , things are changing and my girlfriend is moving in, not cool if everyone can for example see also the inhouse cams when she is at home and I am not.

What I would like, but no clue how to set up:

For users when security system is ON:
-All cameras on , mask cameras off

For users when security system is OFF:
- inhouse cameras on, mask cameras on, other cameras off
- But as a "administrator" I would like to see for example the "inhouse" cameras , or the "non" mask cameras.

I understand when the cameras are disabled, this is for example not possible. But is there a way to webcast some cameras to users , other cameras to administrators? but change this with a http- request?

Thanks,
Cor
Not sure BI groups will address your situation completely, but you should give it a try.

Setup a few groups in BI and in each group, associate it with the cameras desired.
Then in the user screen, for each user (except admin), limit those users to 1 or more groups.
I'm not sure you can change the camera list in a group dynamically via HTTP, but that is something you may want to track down.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ Actran; I think you brought me on the right path.

What I can do ( I think) , duplicate almost all cameras , put the duplicates in a group for the users, and all the other ones in a group for me as administrator. I can still enable and disable the cameras ( with the mask or without the mask) for the "Users".

But that will be 6 extra duplicate cameras , I hope my system will still like it :screwy:

I wil try this in the following days. If anyone else has a suggestion , I will be very hapyy to hear it.
Thanks,
Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@actran : yep that worked. Groups and duplicating some cameras. Users have acces to only in a specific group , those camerás I can disable as well with an http request. And the other cameras are only visible to me.

Thanks for the tip,
Cor