How to view channel zero using RTSP

Esso Oil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for reading this.

I have a Hikvision NVR Model DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A. 4 cams (2 x Hikvision, 2 x China pin hole).

Everything works fine. I have configured channel zero encoding. I can see the channel zero using the iVMS4500 app on my android phone.

I've found a great way to view the cams on my Amazon Alexa using www.monoclecam.com. This uses the RTSP feeds which all work fine (even the Chineese cams after some faffing around).

e.g. to view a Hikvision camera I use
rtsp:/192.168.1.101:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
This is the standard Hikvision method which works fine.

QUESTION
How can I view channel zero on my DS-7608N via RTSP?

I know that channel zero isnt an actual camera so doesnt have an actual IP address. The IP address of my NVR is .57. The IP address of the "internal" NIC IPV4 is .105.

I have scoured the internet but nothing I have tried works for viewing channel zero. One forum someone was trying to change the number of cams their channel zero showed via RTSP. They said the following:-

"Suppose IP address of NVR was: 172.9.12.39, the RTSP port is 554, to get stream of Zero channel, the RTSP URL would be rtsp:/172.9.12.39:554/Streaming/channels/001"
So, would the .39 in the address above be the IP of the actual NVR? Again, I've tried this changing the IP to my IP but still cant view channel zero via RTSP.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks for your time.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask the same.. then i saw this thread.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Esso Oil ,

According to @JoergDr in post #2 here back in Nov. 2016 that URL should work. And I would think that you would use the NVR's IP you cited.

I don't have a Hikvision NVR but from what I've read, channel zero must be "enabled" somewhere in the NVR settings. Not sure if that's done in the NVR's webGUI using a PC browser or via the screen displayed directly from the NVR to VGA or HDMI.

Wish I could be of more assistance. :(

Last edited:

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Channel Zero must be enabled at video & Audio section, also rtsp has to be enabled ( which is enabled by default )