HTML5 IP Camera

basepic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I need some IP camera with HTML5 support. I need city view streaming with IP camera.

For example I just want to be able to type some public IP (I have public static IP) like http://123.123.123.123 and then to be able to open in browser (html5) camera view.

Any idea?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to use a streaming service like ustream or youtube live or your own server to do this effectively. Then you can use whatever camera you want.

Without something like this, each concurrent connection to the camera uses more and more bandwidth until the camera can't handle it (a lower limit than you might expect). Cameras also frequently have security issues and exposing them directly to the internet isn't the best idea.

basepic

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok but last time I purchased camera didn't have this option for youtube. Didn't work. It was working only with Lorex Technology APP and nothing else.

Please give me one example which one could work.
Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok but last time I purchased camera didn't have this option for youtube. Didn't work. It was working only with Lorex Technology APP and nothing else.

Please give me one example which one could work.
Thanks.
Generally speaking a computer of some kind is going to be required (a raspberry pi might work to stream to youtube). This could just be restreaming the video to youtube or similar or it could be something with the bandwidth and resources to stream the camera directly.

I'd suggest Hikvision or Dahua cameras

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any way to do it without computer ? Its kind-a add-on to the complexity for me.
I got the impression that you're trying to make a public webpage that you want many people to be able to access. If that's the case, a computer is needed to do this well.

If it's just for your private use, there are some options, but exposing a camera directly to the internet isn't the the most secure option. Using a compute running VMS software would be better.

basepic

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I am not worried about hack since this will be ONLY thing behind firewall. Nothing else. So if they hack camera I am ok with that.
I have huge bandwidth multi gig upload. so I am fine with that too!

Is there some camera that stream can be opened straight in the browser ?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No. it's best to avoid wifi and that camera uses browser plugins that few browsers support anymore.
The majority of cameras still depend on plugins, there are a few that work without plugins.
Ok. I am not worried about hack since this will be ONLY thing behind firewall. Nothing else. So if they hack camera I am ok with that.
I have huge bandwidth multi gig upload. so I am fine with that too!

Is there some camera that stream can be opened straight in the browser ?
Hacked cameras are still something you should be concerned about, it's possible for a camera to be destroyed (bricked) and hacked cameras are used in botnets and ddos attacks.

Your network bandwidth won't be the bottleneck, depending on the setting you choose, as few as 10 (or less) people viewing it at the same time might be all the camera itself can handle. If you use a computer, you don't have this problem or issues with plugins.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For example I just want to be able to type some public IP (I have public static IP) like http://123.123.123.123 and then to be able to open in browser (html5) camera view.
Generally people would assign a domain name or subdomain for something like this rather than use the ip directly.

basepic

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes but please tell me what is example of camera that can be used without plugin html5 for example ?

btw thank you for response!

Ziggy603

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same question. I'm trying to access the live view of an IP Cam and not have to install a plugin and even further have the video feed bordered by useless information. I.E. the Amcrest cameras have this awful Amcrest border which provides no true value. Just need clean and simple.. Just the feed.

Thanks in advance.