Hubitat and Blueiris

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It appears as though Hubitat is fast gaining momentum on the home automation scene as a do it all Hub. I have searched the forum and cannot locate much info on integration with Blueiris and if this is even possible.

Does anybody know if BI can talk to the Hubitat hub?

thanks

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use the following with HA. If you can use mjpeg stream but you need to allow your Hubitat hub IP address to get stream without user/password within Blue Iris, then something like this with my cam named FrontDoor:

Also, check out Hubitat forum:

Last edited:

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
where do you place that address within Hubitat?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
where do you place that address within Hubitat?
Check out second post in the thread below. Add tile to your dashboard. For the tile type, leave the device blank and choose the Video Player Template. Then use the URL from Blue Iris (i.e. http://BlueIrisIP:81/mjpg/FrontDoor/video.m3u8), note that you will need to go into BI and add your Hubitat IP address to the list of devices that can access BI without a username/password (See BI Settings, Web Server Tab, Advanced, Authenication.... and read Help for the dialog).

Last edited:

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks. I have managed to get an image to appear that will refresh every 1 second. No such luck with the video feed.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you click on the image, does it come up in it's own window with live view? In HA, that is way it works. Get a refresh of image every 10 seconds, but can click on it and see live view. Hubitat is fairly new, so maybe in the future they'll improve on it.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when I click on the image it just brings up a larger image. Although, I have it setup to be an image, not a video stream as the video stream doesn't show anything at all.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it sorted now. Worked when using mjpg and also in BI authentication settings I had to allow all LAN connections straight through access. I had several IP addresses added individually of all devices (including HE) on my network setup but that didn't work. Don't know why. But I'm happy now that it is solved thanks to you!!

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good to hear. I forgot to add the BI web server port to the mjpg address for the cams, went back and added the default port :81 to my posts, just in case someone else is looking to do something similar.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: All is working fine again. I am not sure what happened but strongly suspect finger trouble on my part. I will try increase attention to documenting the scenario if things go wrong.

Thanks again! Very excited about this Hubitat System! (And BI of course!)

Last edited: