Hunter at my house!

Reaction score
This guy comes around here often, usually after dark. He sometimes has his partner with him. He looked like he tried to catch something but i am not sure if he did. After striking out at something he just stared a the wall for few seconds. Do you think he was successful at his hunt?

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found that fascinating...I raised approx. 200,000 - 300,000 turkey growing up.... I am a hunter, fisherman, and a late night radio listener.... birds are really really good at hearing. I could tell you stories ... nevertheless, here we have a wild predator hunting... next to a central air unit while its running... What if this bird is going nutso seeing things that aren't there as a result of the loud noise? being cocky and sure of him or herself they dont realize their senses are going haywire.... or instead i can only imagine this bird has exceptional eye sight. Still I am very surprised it is hunting like that so close to loud noise in a very dim situation.

Reaction score
I found that fascinating...I raised approx. 200,000 - 300,000 turkey growing up.... I am a hunter, fisherman, and a late night radio listener.... birds are really really good at hearing. I could tell you stories ... nevertheless, here we have a wild predator hunting... next to a central air unit while its running... What if this bird is going nutso seeing things that aren't there as a result of the loud noise? being cocky and sure of him or herself they dont realize their senses are going haywire.... or instead i can only imagine this bird has exceptional eye sight. Still I am very surprised it is hunting like that so close to loud noise in a very dim situation.
Wow thanks for your insight on this. Maybe the loud fan noise did disorient him. I was wondering about his hunting methods, for i have watched him a few times as he and his partner stops by here mostly at night. I trimmed this scene down a little because after what i thought was him capturing what ever it was he saw, he just stared at the wall. I thought he was watching something like a lizard (which there are many around here) walk up that wall. But he did not make another attempt at anything. He just turned around looked at something else and flew off. I really enjoy when they stop by.