I almost finalized TP-Link VIGI C340S, need your inputs

rag992

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a newbie from India. I have a Dahua NVR(DHI-NVR2116HS-S3) and 4 basic camera setup DH-IPC-HFW1230S1P-S4 (IPC-HFW1230S1P-S4 - Dahua India). This is in a farmhouse with outdoors haveing very low light. Now, I want to add few more cameras that's best suited for the low light outdoor conditions. I want to have a Blue Iris system. While searching, this particular camera caught my eye - TP Link Vigi C340S(VIGI 4MP Outdoor ColorPro Night Vision Bullet Network Camera). With my little understanding of different technicalities that I learnt on this forum, these specs looks very good to me and its pocket friendly at least in India. Also, previous Colorpro cameras has good reviews(eg. TP Link Tapo C325WB ).

Before I hit the payment button, I want to take help from experienced folks here. Please advice me, if I can purchase this or should I stick with Dahua only? Thanks in advance.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am a newbie from India. I have a Dahua NVR(DHI-NVR2116HS-S3) and 4 basic camera setup DH-IPC-HFW1230S1P-S4 (IPC-HFW1230S1P-S4 - Dahua India). This is in a farmhouse with outdoors haveing very low light. Now, I want to add few more cameras that's best suited for the low light outdoor conditions. I want to have a Blue Iris system. While searching, this particular camera caught my eye - TP Link Vigi C340S(VIGI 4MP Outdoor ColorPro Night Vision Bullet Network Camera). With my little understanding of different technicalities that I learnt on this forum, these specs looks very good to me and its pocket friendly at least in India. Also, previous Colorpro cameras has good reviews(eg. TP Link Tapo C325WB ).

Before I hit the payment button, I want to take help from experienced folks here. Please advice me, if I can purchase this or should I stick with Dahua only? Thanks in advance.
Other than cheap dumb switches I won’t use any tplink products that I might have to call support for. They are like getting Hikvision on the phone; (reschedule rest of the day for wait time) but with people who barely speak English.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.....but with people who barely speak English.
True, but in all honesty I have the same problems with CS of DirecTV, AT&T, Asurion and more. My biggest issue is there's a dozen of 'em in the same room, all on headsets, all speaking at the same volume, not sure which one is MY agent....kinda hard to decipher a thick accent of any type under those circumstances, IMO. :headbang::confused:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

It has a good sized sensor (1/1.8") for a 4MP camera but....just be aware that it has no IR so if there's not enough ambient light for full color its built-in visible white LED may have to be used. It very likely is not responsive to IR even if outboard IR emitters were used.

Many, if not most, popular "full color" cams from Dahua and Hikvision that have a very good sensor to MP ratio are in the same boat: no IR

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
True, but in all honesty I have the same problems with CS of DirecTV, AT&T, Asurion and more. My biggest issue is there's a dozen of 'em in the same room, all on headsets, all speaking at the same volume, not sure which one is MY agent....kinda hard to decipher a thick accent of any type under those circumstances, IMO. :headbang::confused:
That, and even the ones with better fluency give themselves away by saying your name as bookends on every single sentence; “Tony, did you try rebooting Tony?!”