I am being charged twice for Blue Iris maintenance?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I renewed my Blue Iris maintenance contract on March 16th through an entity called Digital River GBP GMBH for $37.75. On March 25th, I noticed a charge on my credit card for 29.95 from “DRI*BlueIrisSharit.info myrdor.com MN”!!! So what is going on here. I already renewed my maintenance contract and now I’m being charged an additional $29.95!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Are their two separate charges? Or is it there is a single instance on your credit card statement that does not match what you believed you initially paid.

Be sure to reach out directly to Blue Iris support.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are their two separate charges? Or is it there is a single instance on your credit card statement that does not match what you believed you initially paid.

Be sure to reach out directly to Blue Iris support.
There are two separate charges. I received an email in mid May that my license was due to expire and so I was proactive and paid for a renewal with Digital River GBP GMBH. The charge was $37.50. I received an activation code via email. A few days ago, I noticed a charge on my credit card for %29.95 from an entity called “DRI*BlueIrisSharIt.info myord..com MN”. I didn’t receive anything other than this charge. I don’t have any clue how to stop this “automatic charge” or why I would be charged again since I already renewed my license.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@3dogpottery , this doesn't help you much I know but I feel like I must share this. I've been on IPCT for almost 10 years now and I'd like to have a dollar for every complaint I've read regarding Digital River. It seems to come in waves, no pun intended. I've had a couple of issues with them also.

I understand they're a big company, have been in business for quite a while and many software companies use them but surely there's got to be other eCommerce companies out there these days that can perform better and produce less complaints. Unfortunately the complaints caused by Digital River's shady billing practices, poor customer service and high incidences of customer dissatisfaction can sometimes reflect on the company that employs their services.

IMO, Blue Iris Software is a great company producing a terrific product but is using a terrible company to distribute their product. I wish they'd find a different eCommerce solution.

FWIW, lots of other folks have issues with DRI:

Last edited:

gotitmadecij

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I experienced the same issue, in July of last year I was notified that my subscription was expiring (without checking I let the auto update go through) and was charged $106.95. Two weeks ago I received an email that my "regular" subscription was to renew (25 March 2024). I was charged $64.15. I received an email with my activation code and it did not change my expiration date on the Blue Iris program

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@3dogpottery , this doesn't help you much I know but I feel like I must share this. I've been on IPCT for almost 10 years now and I'd like to have a dollar for every complaint I've read regarding Digital River. It seems to come in waves, no pun intended. I've had a couple of issues with them also.

I understand they're a big company, have been in business for quite a while and many software companies use them but surely there's got to be other eCommerce companies out there these days that can perform better and produce less complaints. Unfortunately the complaints caused by Digital River's shady billing practices, poor customer service and high incidences of customer dissatisfaction can sometimes reflect on the company that employs their services.

IMO, Blue Iris Software is a great company producing a terrific product but is using a terrible company to distribute their product. I wish they'd find a different eCommerce solution.

FWIW, lots of other folks have issues with DRI:

I have no complaints with Blue Iris. I think it is really good software and I have been a loyal customer for many years. I have no problem with paying for renewing my maintenance license. I just don’t want to pay twice (actually more than twice) the price for a renewal. Looking back, I think I did this last year; paid twice that is. I contacted the companies that charged me but get no response. I guess I am just out of the money.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If everyone that has problems with Digital River, doesn't complain to Blue Iris support, nothing will ever change.
Digital River provides an email address for complaints but they haven’t responded to my emails. Ok, so I’m out $30 that I shouldn’t have had to spend. What do I do next year? Do I ignore the emails that warn me that my maintenance license is about to expire? Do I wait for this “auto renewal“ to renew my license? I was charged an additional $29.00, but didn’t get an additional activation code. So this begs the question; Does Digitial River know that I already have an activation code so they didn’t send me another one? If so, why wouldn’t they inform me if this and refund me?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no complaints with Blue Iris.
Same here.
But again, I don't think the ecommerce co. gives a rip one way or the other what either of us think about Blue Iris.
I just e-mailed support@blueirissoftware.com and complained about my experience with them 2 years ago.
I encourage you and others to do likewise if you have not already done so.
As @fenderman stated earlier in another thread (and I'm paraphrasing here) that unless we, the users, let Ken know our issues we certainly cannot expect him to know it and to perhaps correct it. :cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got a reply from Ken, the developer of Blue Iris, less than a hour after I emailed him.....pretty darned good, IMO.

Essentially he said that he would like to make a determination if thse complaints of "double billings" are double in the system, or if they're single orders with multiple charges etc. So if you e-mail Blue Iris Support be sure to be clear about what happened, when and of course, the e-mail address used.

He also said that a small number of users have accidentally ordered 2 subscriptions, forgetting that the 1st one was going to auto-renew. To that end I would recommend to new users of Blue Iris or anyone that is not sure how their account with eCommerce.com / Digital River is set up is to log in and check to see if auto-renew is enabled or not depending on how you desire.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Same issue I had with them. Kept getting emails from Digital River every few months for a subsciption renewal. Ended up email BI about it and they told me I had 6 active billing subscription from DR but only 3 licenses from BI. Wut? They ended up clearing it up for me.

There needs to be way to log into Digital River and see your active subscriptions and what BI licenses they pertain to.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There needs to be way to log into Digital River and see your active subscriptions and what BI licenses they pertain to.
Yes, that would be great and there used to be, IIRC.

I've bought 6 BI copies and 1 AOEMI BackerUpper through them since 2014.
My last login with them was 2 years ago when I bought BI support so I could update...it went OK.
Today when I try to log in it doesn't know me.
I clicked that I forgot my username (email)...it displayed error.
I clicked that I forgot my password...it displayed error.
Here's the capper.....it wants you to log in to reset your password...WTF?

I emailed their support via filling out an online contact form...we'll see but I sure as @#$% ain't holdin' my breath. I'm anxious to see how this episode goes so I can inform Ken while I have his ear.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that would be great and there used to be, IIRC.

I've bought 6 BI copies and 1 AOEMI BackerUpper through them since 2014.
My last login with them was 2 years ago when I bought BI support so I could update...it went OK.
Today when I try to log in it doesn't know me.
I clicked that I forgot my username (email)...it displayed error.
I clicked that I forgot my password...it displayed error.
Here's the capper.....it wants you to log in to reset your password...WTF?

I emailed their support via filling out an online contact form...we'll see but I sure as @#$% ain't holdin' my breath. I'm anxious to see how this episode goes so I can inform Ken while I have his ear.
Well, I wan't disappointed....they completely ignored my problem about not being able to log in, not able to reset password, etc. but instead replied with the following which I already knew months and months ago. If I didn't know any better I would think they are run by the U.S.'s VA Administration.....:banghead:

Dear XXXXXXX,
Please be advise that your subscrription for Blue Iris Extended Maintenance and Support was already cancelled on our system.
Sincerely,
Roel B
Your MyCommerce Team
_
MyCommerce – a Digital River Company - http://www.mycommerce.com
Digital River GmbH
Scheidtweilerstr. 4 50933 Cologne Germany
Managing Director: Ryan Douglas
Registered office: Cologne / HRB 56188 / District Council Cologne