I am using continuous recording on all cameras, but have gaps in my timeline?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Not trying to second guess you, but are you sure the original files are not complete and it's just not the alerts that has gaps. I'd open the actual capture file and play it in something other than BI to make sure I really was experiencing gaps in the recording.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this happening now too.

I have three cameras, two of them have clones to separate out clip recording to a separate folder.

Everything was recording fine. Now I have somewhat frequent gaps in my timeline. Of precisely one hour, which is what I have my clip length set for.

The clips are actually recording properly in the folder. (Well at least one I checked). Just not showing in the timeline.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I JUST updated to 5.6.0.6 to see if it would address the problem. I won't know for some time I guess.

I was running on the most recent version prior to that.

Thanks for letting me know.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I JUST updated to 5.6.0.6 to see if it would address the problem. I won't know for some time I guess.

Always best to stick with a version that has been deemed Stable, as noted in the update choices.
Also, turn off auto updates.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

5.6.0.6 fixes the broken timeline stuff, but you have to do a repair/regenerate to fix the gaps that exist in the timeline prior to upgrading.