I can't download images from APNR-camera (iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY)

irrbloss

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my new APNR-camera. It took a while to configure it. I started by upgrading the firmware to the latest and reset the configuration to default. Now it works and detects license plates and vehicles. I got it connected to HIK-Connect where I can see all the events including snapshots of the license plate.

However, in the webpage for the camera (I have no NVR yet) I don't have the "Pictures" or "Playback"-tabs in the interface (Safari/Mac). If I navigate to the camera in Safari on my iPhone those tabs will show, but when trying to download an image I only get the first 256 bytes and they're corrupt. I also tried Chrome on Mac, I get the 256 first bytes of the image, and then it says server error. I can download the csv-file without any problems. Could it be a faulty SD-card in the camera? It was new (Kingston Canvas Select Plus). I have formatting it a couple of times, both normal and encrypted - but the same problem occurs.

Any ideas why this is happening? My next step will be to try another SD-card, but I really don't think that's the problem as storage management says the status is "normal".

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These cameras are browser dependent and that is the issue. It is why you can see those tabs on one device and not another.

Internet Explorer (not Edge with the IE tab) is the best option, but with you being a Mac person, probably not an option.

Hopefully someone chimes in that uses a Mac, but it is the browser that is the issue, not the SD card, not the firmware, etc.

This thread is for some Dahua cams, but the same logic applies to some Hik cameras:

irrbloss

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, problem is partly solved. I had everything working with a Hikvision NVR + my APNR-camera. Then I added a second wide angle (Hikvision) camera. Now it kind of works, but when using Hik Connect on my iPhone I see all the events and can see a still for every event. I can also see a clip of the event from my wide angle camera, but when trying to play the clip from the APNR-camera it loads like 4% and then says video file is missing. I have reformatted the sd-card and reset settings but I still get the same result. Any ideas what's wrong?