I did a factory reset for NVR and now the cameras are locked

senur3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,
so, i have forgotten the password for the NVR which is connected to 5 cameras. I did a factory reset through the software, since i can log in using the pattern. everything went smooth until i was adding the cameras. it gets added but not showing anything but "the camera has been locked message"
I'm assuming the camera did not identify the rested NVR.
How can let them work again?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you edit the camera, in the NVR menù, using the old NVR's password ? Of course if you have forgot the old password .... :) You may have to reset the cameras as well, since the cameras may take the NVR password, when associated to the NVR (with old version, you can try with admin admin, but without knowing anything other about the system, is a guessing game)

Last edited:

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mean, are the cameras hooked up directly to the NVR ? If yes, didi you try by connecting a laptop to the inbuilt swicth of the NVR, set a static ip address consistent (eg.10.1.1.100 ?), and try to connect the cameras on their shown ip address ?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You must do a hard reset on each of the cameras. Then you will need to use the NVR password to login to the cameras from the NVR interface

senur3

n3wb
Reaction score
I mean, are the cameras hooked up directly to the NVR ? If yes, didi you try by connecting a laptop to the inbuilt swicth of the NVR, set a static ip address consistent (eg.10.1.1.100 ?), and try to connect the cameras on their shown ip address ?
They are connected to the Nvr directly, how can I do that? Do you mean change the laptop static ip?

senur3

n3wb
Reaction score
You must do a hard reset on each of the cameras. Then you will need to use the NVR password to login to the cameras from the NVR interface
I think this is the solution but i opened it and couldn't find the reset button.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
A little bit of googling can help, sometimes it can be hard to find the reset button. Some models require you two hold the two ends of a paper clip together on the circuit board. It varies from model to model. Make sure to lift off the sticker if its obstructing your view.