I guess he figured I don't Need any help with the Cameras

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey @Wildcat_1,
I copied your settings, just went out and autotracking in the shadow from the tree is much better. Some clouds moved in, and it's after noon. I'll have to get out there tomorrow morning and see how it works in the worst case.
I have the PTZ setup to be triggered by 2 overview cameras and I need to also get that dialed in, but at least the tracking is working much better now. Thanks for posting those settings.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey @Wildcat_1,
I copied your settings, just went out and autotracking in the shadow from the tree is much better. Some clouds moved in, and it's after noon. I'll have to get out there tomorrow morning and see how it works in the worst case.
I have the PTZ setup to be triggered by 2 overview cameras and I need to also get that dialed in, but at least the tracking is working much better now. Thanks for posting those settings.
No problem, DM me and I can assist in dialing in if you like

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I so wanna reply something about the quality will still suck and you are still overpaying for a cloud based system lol

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These prices are outrageous to me. The following was copied from another group and this is what a victim fell for.

Equipment installed by Vivint:
Smart Panel
2 Outdoor POE-powered WiFi cameras
2 Break Glass sensors
2 smoke and CO2 sensors
1 Water Leak detector (hot water tank)
3 door sensors
1 doorbell camera
I guess what’s eating at me is the fact the equipment cost alone was $3,600 plus $200 install fee. The panel and app seem to be fairly polished but I can already tell that some of the video quality is not as great as my Amcrest cameras. I financed the equipment (60 mths @ 0%) at $59.81/mth and monthly service fee of $41.47. Monthly total of $101.29.
Install guy camera about 30 min after the salesman left and took about 3 hours to setup

reply: Had a vivant sales guy stop by too. They offered all of the gear for free, so my house could be a showcase house.

reply: It started out as us being a showcase house and give everyone who asked a plug about Vivint but I think all that equated to was a “discounted” monthly rate. “Normal” rate was quoted somewhere around $265/mth (not sure if that was equipment cost or not), but we could get it for $101/mth - that includes paying almost $4k in equipment costs