I know nothing... and hello!

Dep

n3wb
Reaction score
So I'd like to set up some cameras and I pretty much know nothing about the systems. Is this were I post if I'm looking for someone to direct me to what equipment would fit my needs? Any help would be appreciated.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know nothing either, so you're in good company.

Use the search function and spend more time researching.

nhracecraft

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings from the Granite State. Welcome aboard!

You've come to the right place....There are many here who know something, and some who either know everything about something, or something about everything. :cool:

You should start reading the sub-forums (IP Cameras & NVR's, DVR's & Computers especially) to get familiarized with things. You may want to check some manufacturers websites as well, which will help you understand what everyone is talking about. Also, you're gonna need to identify your needs & your budget, both of which may change. Don't forget, the forum's search function is your friend. Do some keyword searches once you're familiar with the basics and you'll probably get answers to most of your questions. Chances are any question you've got has already been asked by someone, and likely multiple times! Once you nail down your needs and what questions to ask, post in the applicable sub-forum with some specifics and you'll get the answers you seek.

Good Luck!