I need help again with logging into my WiFi Amcrest Camera

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright so I know in the past I've seen this problem asked before (probably by me) but for some reason, I still can't get the IE browser (old version) to open my camera. I reset the camera and used the Amcrest app to get the camera working on my WiFi. I can see the camera output in the Amcrest View app and Amcrest IP Config sees it too but IE won't open the IP address and BI doesn't see it either. My outdoor camera is running POE so I can see that in IE and BI. I don't think this has anything to do with it but I had to get a new router/modem from AT&T so maybe it's default setting are blocking something. Sorry for having you guys beat the dead horse but better him than me. Hopefully.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IP2M-841S
My router also has this feature where I can change the IP to a DHCP static IP address but when I tried that, Amcrest IP Config still saw it as .111 and not .185. I changed it back for now.

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IP2M-841S
On the Quick Start Guide ==>> here <<==, go to page 25 "Local Desktop Access Setup" and follow the directions AFTER resetting your camera.

You do not need to scan a QR code with your smartphone, as all that does is set up P2P access wherein a cloud account is involved. You want direct IP access via Ethernet (a unique IP) or Wi-Fi (a different IP).

In either or both cases, once set up and working, change the cam from 'DHCP' (auto) to 'static' (manual) so they won't change. Choose an IP address above the range set in your router's DHCP pool that it can assign to devices.

For instance, if your router is 192.168.1.1, it's DHCP pool may be 192.168.1.49 to .99, so choose .200, 201, 202, etc. for your cams. That leaves the router 50 IP's to assign and leaves you over 50 IP's to use that the router won't be attempting to assign....plenty to go around.

Last edited: