I need some help with a search. :)

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to find some info on changing cameras. I got some new cams from Andy today. They are very similar to my older ones, but have the higher mp. I'm going from IPC-HDN5231R-Z to IPC-T5442T-ZE IR. I want to keep the same overlays, name etc. if possible. I have searched but don't come up with anything. Would anyone give me what they would put in the search parameters so I can find some info? Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, you could do it the 'ol fashion way. Write specific camera parameters on paper and simply re-input into new camera parameters.
That's what I did.
Besides, I'm sure you do not want to simply copy ALL parameters (IVS lines, for example) as the FOV would be slightly different. Plus, more bells / whistles on the 5442.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good point. See, that's what I have you around for. Not just your good looks, but that brain of yours Holbs. Sometimes, I don't use mine well enough. And lately, it's been off base badly. Thanks. ;)

Reaction score
Good point. See, that's what I have you around for. Not just your good looks, but that brain of yours Holbs. Sometimes, I don't use mine well enough. And lately, it's been off base badly. Thanks. ;)
yep...IPCT dating site coming soon! :)
But really...anytime I upgrade a camera (I have done the 5231 -> 5442 4x's now)... I just start everything fresh. However, I do keep the old Static IP's of the 5231's reserved for those cameras as I re-use them elsewhere.

Reaction score
If your CPU has the capability of going H265, it's a win-win (some downsides but they are negligible). All my cam's are H265 (for sure the 5442's, unsure of the older 4231's or even the 5231's).

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have an issue watching that slow of fps. It gives me a headache, and makes me sick to my stomach. My eyes or something just can't take it. I know what everyone else does, but this is a must for me.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, looney. I was working with Holbs and I was just asking what make and model do I put in BI for the new camera. Do I use a Dahua Make and select a model, or should I use the generic ONVIF? IPC-T5442T-ZE IR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just put in the IP address and user and password in BI and hit find/inspect and let BI select the best one. Will probably be generic.