I need to take snapshots of movement and email to myself

sink45ny

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 Amcrest POE cameras that used to email to my gmail. The email doesn't work anymore and they can only be browsed using Internet explorer.

So my requirement is that the camera can snapshot and email based on movement and work with google chrome.

Thank you VERY much!!!

steve

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have not already, change the settings to use TLS/port 587 for GMail rather than SSL/port 465.

sink45ny

n3wb
Reaction score
So it must send PASSWORD in clear text over an non-secure HTTP link - not good
Let less secure apps access your account

Change account access for less secure apps
To help keep Google Accounts through work, school, or other groups more secure, we block some less secure apps from using them. If you have this kind of account, you’ll see a "Password incorrect" error when trying to sign in. If so, you have two options:

• Option 1: Install a more secure app that uses stronger security measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security measures.
  • Option 2: Change your settings to allow less secure apps into your account. We don't recommend this option because it can make it easier for someone to break into your account. If you want to allow access anyway, follow these steps:
    1. Go to your Google Account.
    2. On the left navigation panel, click Security.
    3. On the bottom of the page, in the Less secure app access panel, click Turn on access.
      1. If you don't see this setting, your administrator might have turned off less secure app account access.
If you still can't sign in to your account, learn more about the "password incorrect" error.