I restored my IPC ptz camera and I've completely lost any and all communication with it

Reaction score
So, I purchased this PTZ camera from eBay in 2020 and put it aside for some time. Recently, when I decided to set it up again, I was reminded of how little documentation or guidance is available. This is mainly because it lacks a brand – or if there is one, I haven't been able to identify it. I'm not entirely sure about the implications of this, but during my extensive search, I did find a camera that came with an extremely brief manual. This camera appears to be quite similar, making me wonder if it could be the same model. It's produced by a company called Fayale. Although I didn't buy mine there, you can currently find a listing for a similar PTZ camera from Fayale on AliExpress: AliExpress PTZ Camera.

In any case, I had managed to get it working well in the past – it was performing impressively. However, during this recent setup attempt, there were some settings or configurations that seemed to linger from a previous project. So, I decided to "restore" the camera. The restoration process provided options for resetting, and I chose to reset everything except for admin and user logins. Since that moment, the camera has disappeared completely.

Right from the start, things felt a bit off when trying to manage the camera from my Mac.despite the fact that some have said theres just no way to do these things from a mac, I didn't find that to be entirely true, or at least it seemed that way, however just ot be safe i deciededto power up parallels for the windows environment so i could use what had always seemed to work in the past,. II used ONVIF Device Manager, the camera showed up like magic. I have been using a POE injector, double tripple checked cable integrity. It displayed all the necessary information, including the crucial IP address that allowed access to the web server. The web interface was basic, yet functional. Unfortunately, since the restoration, I haven't been able to access that site. ONVIF Device Manager hasn't detected anything, and I've tried various other applications that were recommended – SADP, IVMS-4200, and others. Most of these apps had Mac equivalents, and I also utilized Parallels to access a Windows environment.

I've even wondered if using the virtual Windows environment might be complicating matters. Just when I'm on the brink of giving up after countless attempts, a faint glimmer of progress emerges, and like in "The Godfather 3," it pulls me back in. This time, a friend working on his NVR plugged his system into the network via ethernet, and while searching for devices, mine popped up. It seemed like a victory, yet the frustration escalated. The camera had an IP of 192.168.1.188, and I could receive video from it, but I couldn't control the PTZ functions. Even with this information, I still couldn't locate it anywhere else. Furthermore, the IP it displayed led nowhere.

So, if anyone has any advice, I would be immensely grateful. I simply need the camera to appear in ONVIF Device Manager or something similar, a way to access the web server again. If using a Mac is exacerbating the situation, please let me know. Thanks a lot.
Hayden
the pics I'm including are of the device, and the information the nvr displays when it sees the camera, ( sorry for the glare)
1693304041591.png 1693304070577.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The image on the left is only 144 x 192 pixels, not viewable. :idk:

When you say "restore" or "restoration", are you talking performing a hard reset, like with a button, to set the camera to default values?

Last edited:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, I purchased this PTZ camera from eBay in 2020 and put it aside for some time. Recently, when I decided to set it up again, I was reminded of how little documentation or guidance is available. This is mainly because it lacks a brand – or if there is one, I haven't been able to identify it. I'm not entirely sure about the implications of this, but during my extensive search, I did find a camera that came with an extremely brief manual. This camera appears to be quite similar, making me wonder if it could be the same model. It's produced by a company called Fayale. Although I didn't buy mine there, you can currently find a listing for a similar PTZ camera from Fayale on AliExpress: AliExpress PTZ Camera.

In any case, I had managed to get it working well in the past – it was performing impressively. However, during this recent setup attempt, there were some settings or configurations that seemed to linger from a previous project. So, I decided to "restore" the camera. The restoration process provided options for resetting, and I chose to reset everything except for admin and user logins. Since that moment, the camera has disappeared completely.

Right from the start, things felt a bit off when trying to manage the camera from my Mac.despite the fact that some have said theres just no way to do these things from a mac, I didn't find that to be entirely true, or at least it seemed that way, however just ot be safe i deciededto power up parallels for the windows environment so i could use what had always seemed to work in the past,. II used ONVIF Device Manager, the camera showed up like magic. I have been using a POE injector, double tripple checked cable integrity. It displayed all the necessary information, including the crucial IP address that allowed access to the web server. The web interface was basic, yet functional. Unfortunately, since the restoration, I haven't been able to access that site. ONVIF Device Manager hasn't detected anything, and I've tried various other applications that were recommended – SADP, IVMS-4200, and others. Most of these apps had Mac equivalents, and I also utilized Parallels to access a Windows environment.

I've even wondered if using the virtual Windows environment might be complicating matters. Just when I'm on the brink of giving up after countless attempts, a faint glimmer of progress emerges, and like in "The Godfather 3," it pulls me back in. This time, a friend working on his NVR plugged his system into the network via ethernet, and while searching for devices, mine popped up. It seemed like a victory, yet the frustration escalated. The camera had an IP of 192.168.1.188, and I could receive video from it, but I couldn't control the PTZ functions. Even with this information, I still couldn't locate it anywhere else. Furthermore, the IP it displayed led nowhere.

So, if anyone has any advice, I would be immensely grateful. I simply need the camera to appear in ONVIF Device Manager or something similar, a way to access the web server again. If using a Mac is exacerbating the situation, please let me know. Thanks a lot.
Hayden
the pics I'm including are of the device, and the information the nvr displays when it sees the camera, ( sorry for the glare)
View attachment 171086 View attachment 171087
In my humble opinion, yes you are adding multiple layers of complexity that don't need to be there. Just use a basic bare bones setup as the camera was intended to function and go from there. Sometimes doing a full reset can have undesired affects and break previously working devices as you have seen. That's not to say it isn't recoverable, but now you're starting over from scratch in figuring out what was reset or changed.

Reaction score
The image on the left is only 144 x 192 pixels, not viewable. :idk:

When you say "restore" or "restoration", are you talking performing a hard reset, like with a button, to set the camera to default values?
so yeah, i would have expected it to be called more alon the lines of factory reset, however, withint the web interface, i believe somewhere near options to firmware upgrade, i noticed that option among others like reboot etc. and after clickingn it, it actually gave me like a list of 5 different things it was going to "reset" and since i did want to start from scratch i would have gone all in, but there was one option , something like admin/users login info, that i thought , just to be safe so i dont get locked out...unchecked that one.
so yeah the whole thing seems pretty disjointed becfause its basically a reflection of my state in trying to figure this simple, or seemingly so, problem.
so let me back up for a minute and try to make myself a bit more clear.
I am using a mac, and i had been using the same mac before the restore, succesfully in that, just about everything i would have wanted from the camera i could perform through the web interface.
it was my need to try and work it into some sort of software, basically, and a similar lack of detection that made me think i should start from scratch.

Noowww, however, post restore i can't see the darn thing as if it was never there to begin with. and that now includes trying to take it over to parallels, for, like mentioned below, as simple of a setup as i can come up with, just to get that web interface back. but alas, nothing sees this thing like it isnt there. Except, and again, this is where things get laughably weird, at least to me. my friends nvr, unintentionally finds it, but again the data it seems to claim doest seem to work when trying to access it.nvr screenshot.jpg so yeah, this is what the nvr seres right, this doesnt show up on anythiong else i have tried, but if this is true, than why am i not able to reach it using that ip adress.

ADomani

n3wb
Reaction score
Doesn't the Camera's IP address change due to the use of a DHCP server instead of a Fixed IP?

Given what you say, you "sometimes" access it... and in those moments, it's always the same IP address?

Reaction score
Doesn't the Camera's IP address change due to the use of a DHCP server instead of a Fixed IP?

Given what you say, you "sometimes" access it... and in those moments, it's always the same IP address?
you know what, this is goning to sound really bad and im embarassed to say this, but thakn you for mentioning this i think it may have reminded me of something. ok so back around theb egining of trying to set everything up again, i am using a new router, and i signed up for an account with no-ip, under the dynamic dns setting, not fully understanding what it weas for. see i was under the impression that it would provide just that, a stable ip for the camera, but im remmbering now, io dont even think i finished setting it up, but in the router it was connected. so while i still dont entirely understand that im going to restore those setting i had set up. anothing thing i forgot to mention that it occured to me could be complicating ththings, i happen to be using starlink internet, with a third party router, so using the wan port. notn sure if this is an issue but one of the settings in the dynamic dns section is, wan ip binding, and i was not sure what exactly that was for. anyways im going to try to at least get that set back the way it was, because it was working then. and to answer your question about the ip changing, i really dont think it was changing , i thikni it may have changed once but then was consistant.