I think some of you miss the most basic part of security

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I love it! Yes! Layers like an ogre lol.
I love the beam detectors. They make several ones that make 4 difference noises. My best bud uses them and he has met people, from a dead sleep, at a door or window with his shot gun. They will be jiggling the handle and checking windows... Then he steps out and asks " Can I help you?" racks his shot gun. One guy got so hurt jumping over the fence where was blood all the way to his car!!!
Hes been robbed 3 times. He is a local business owner in a small town. Tree trimming company, and his workers are very.... um...... under educated and usually have drug problems.

As for a dog, they are only as good as the steak or bone they are thrown when breaking in. Dogs get confused and would rather nosh on meat then care about your house being broken into.

Speco Tech has a DVR with a digital deterrent. It has 2 way audio with cellphone alerts. It can either play an automated message or allow you to scream at them from your cell app. Would you ever consider using this option?
Hell yes, I would like a way to not only show someone they've tripped an alarm but that someone actively knows they are there and is watching. It doesn't look like I can talk through the BI app and out of speakers connected to the BI machine, but I've got an ultra starlight bullet that I'm going to mount out front as an overview cam and I can connect a speaker to it and talk through the app on my phone through it to scream hey mother fucker, I see you, better haul ass before you get shot, or something similar. :) Maybe they will think you are inside and get out of dodge.