i3 without igpu and AMD GPUs

Rainman_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I’m very new to BI and IPcams and need some help with my first server build. I was a crypto miner for about a year and a half and right before the crash I sold all my GPUs except a powercolor 6600xt which is stupid power efficient. I also have a few i3 10100f that don’t have an igpu (so no quick sync). Everyone says use a Nvidia gpu and an i7 with quick sync, and I can buy those if they’re that much better. But I only have one camera right now (8mp with AI) is it worth buying a new i3 12100 with quick sync and no gpu for one camera? Or is an i3 and a AMD gpu fine? I’m trying to be really power efficient here as it’ll be running 24/7

Rainman_

n3wb
Reaction score
Now that BI uses substreams, not having Quicksync is not that big of a deal but most threads I've read recommend nVidia GPU's over others (when needed, like yourself).
Is there any particular reason for Nvidia GPUs? I have a few 3060s too but I don’t really wanna use them for BI I’d really rather use my 6600xts but again if there’s a good reason to stick with Nvidia I will.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason for Nvidia GPUs? I have a few 3060s too but I don’t really wanna use them for BI I’d really rather use my 6600xts but again if there’s a good reason to stick with Nvidia I will.
If you want to run DeepStack AI then you need a Nvidia GPU to get the best results. DeepStack will work on a CPU but it will spike to 100% while it is detecting objects.