iDMSS Plus / gDMSS Plus No Push Notification

te2k

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased 2 x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE + 1 x NVR4104-4KS2. I have done the basic setup and am able to view the cameras via the NVR through both iDMSS plus / gDMSS plus however have not been able to get push notifications working.

In the NVR side through SmartPSS, I've enabled Motion Detect as well as IVS. In the schedule, I have selected Regular, MD & Alarm, IVS and set for all times.
On the appsm I've gone into Alarm Manager --> Subscribe --> NVR --> Push type (Live Preview) --> IVS (Cross Line + Cross region selected) --> Motion Detection (Both Cameras selected).

Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance for your help.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You’ve probably already done it but after selecting the cameras in the app under alarms - cross line - did you click the check mark in the top right corner to save the settings? A few times I’ve “backed out” of the menu and forgot to hit the check mark to save the settings. Also for me SmartPss doesn’t always save my settings properly. I’m not sure why but I find that connecting via web browser does a better job saving the settings properly and actually has more settings to tweak. The app definitely has its own gremlins in it and sometimes works well while other times doesn’t. It’s definitely not near perfect.

te2k

n3wb
Reaction score
You’ve probably already done it but after selecting the cameras in the app under alarms - cross line - did you click the check mark in the top right corner to save the settings? A few times I’ve “backed out” of the menu and forgot to hit the check mark to save the settings. Also for me SmartPss doesn’t always save my settings properly. I’m not sure why but I find that connecting via web browser does a better job saving the settings properly and actually has more settings to tweak. The app definitely has its own gremlins in it and sometimes works well while other times doesn’t. It’s definitely not near perfect.
Thanks for the reply. I've definitely saved all settings. Checked multiple times. Alarm / Event shows up on SmartPss but still not getting anything on the apps :(

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you get IVS emails? If you don’t use emails maybe set it up temporarily to see if your rule is actually working or not? You won’t get push notifications if the rule isn’t triggered.

te2k

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you get IVS emails? If you don’t use emails maybe set it up temporarily to see if your rule is actually working or not? You won’t get push notifications if the rule isn’t triggered.
I will try to set this up today. However I am sure the rule is working as I am seeing the events on SmartPSS.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchased 2 x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE + 1 x NVR4104-4KS2. I have done the basic setup and am able to view the cameras via the NVR through both iDMSS plus / gDMSS plus however have not been able to get push notifications working.

In the NVR side through SmartPSS, I've enabled Motion Detect as well as IVS. In the schedule, I have selected Regular, MD & Alarm, IVS and set for all times.
On the appsm I've gone into Alarm Manager --> Subscribe --> NVR --> Push type (Live Preview) --> IVS (Cross Line + Cross region selected) --> Motion Detection (Both Cameras selected).

Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance for your help.
I only use
Alarm Manager --> Subscribe --> NVR --> Push type (Live Preview) --> IVS (Cross Line) and select all cameras I want.

I do not touch cross region although I never ended up setting that up in the IVS rules anyway and I do not touch motion detection.