IEGeek IP50 general questions

Reaction score
Hi
New member here!
Bought my 1st CCTV cam and trying to consume as much as I can to make the best use of the product.
I have a few questions that I hope you can help with. I've tried to contact ieGeek support (and to be fair they are responding) but sometimes my questions seem to be lost in translation

1. I have a 4GB card in there at the moment (waiting for a larger capacity to arrive). I have it set to recor/write every 10 mins. If I look at the File Playback, I can only see around 6 hours worth of video content. When I look at my SD card settings, I can see that Storage size is 3839MB, and available space is 1929MB (so just under 2GB of space left on card). That being the case, why can I only see 6 hours worth of videos (each file is approx 50MB) when I have almost 2GB available? why is the loop technology starting to delete older files when I have so much space? Is it reserving some space for something else?

2. Sometimes when I connect to the app (CamHiPRo) it says it's 'Connecting' and then it connects. Is it normally that it looses connection? If so, what happens if an alert is triggered while it is 'Connecting'? Does this mean that I won't get the alert notification?

Thanks in advance for the help