Im new here. Ive recently got a WDReadyview NVR

Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone has a WDReadyview or advice about compatibility. I think the system is great for the $200 I spent but Im looking for a couple things Im unsure about. I have the 8 channel NVR with 4 - 2mp POE bullet cams . I have a couple areas I want different type of cameras. Id like to find a Dome POE camera, A wider angle camera or a PTZ camera I can use with the WDReadyview. From what I have searched around the net so far nobody can get any other cameras to work with this system. It says the are ONVIF and by their documentation it seems like any POE camera in 2mp resolution should be compatibile. Everything I have seen people try says other types/brands of cameras are not recognized though. I read in another thread here that the WDReadyview cameras look like Uniview models. Maybe I can find one from them but they dont seem to sell directly online. That being said what kind of specs or technical information should I be paying most attention to when Im looking to purchase cameras to test with this?

Chris