Impressed with Dahua cameras!

Fester

n3wb
Reaction score
My old system was analog, and after recently deciding to set up security cameras in our home we purchased 3 years ago I pulled out my old analog system. When I decided to test the cameras I found that first, it was a mis-mosh of camera manufacturers, all types sizes etc. second - they SUCKED (the cameras that still worked that is).

So I started researching and making purchases. My first camera purchase for the front door of our house was a Dahua IPC-HDW4300C Mini Dome Camera (POE). I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the build and picture quality of these cameras!! I'm looking to eventually buy about 8 more. But I have to pace myself after making all the other purchases for this project: Nortel BayStack 5520-48T-PWR 48 port POE switch, Lenovo i7 3.6GHz computer dedicated to just the video camera, Blue Iris Software and all the garbage I need to mount the switch in my basement and hook it up to ground. The install is ongoing, I'm only temporarily running the system for testing and set up purposes until I get the grounding and final install location done.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
4300C is a great camera, I really find it's night-vision to be amazing.

Got any before and after pics so people can see how bad Analog is?